Today's shoot at Coney Island was one of the most challenging shoots I've ever encountered and highlights that I still need a little bit (just a little bit I might add) more experience.
To start, Coney Island on a Wednesday afternoon seems to attract some rather "interesting" characters at the best of times. Throw in an attractive girl and just about every Tom, Dick and Harry think they can come up to you (or rather her) and start talking to you

That brings us to the second point. Shooting summer fashion in the middle of winter; Don't let the warm tones and long shadows fool you. It was just 5ÂșC outside. The poor model and indeed myself, were about to catch hypothermia.
Third and finally; how do you shoot when you can't shoot?
I could hardly move, let alone compose a picture and then press the shutter.
I could hardly move, let alone compose a picture and then press the shutter.
I'd have killed for a big budget where I could have had a nice big industrial heater keeping everyone warm and some security...or at least a small army of assistants to keep the sticky-beaks out of our way.
I don't know how I feel about this series yet. Maybe because the pain of it all is still fresh in my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment